Thursday, November 1, 2012
Blog #5, Prompt 3
"Don't hesitate or allow yourself to make excuses," is good advice by Chris McCandless given to Ron Franz. It's good advice that I, myself should probably take. People, including myself, hold ourselves back from both success and failure way too often. Holding back to avoid failure can be a good thing sometimes, although when we fail we also learn. Holding back from success is a different story. I think we all do that for different reasons. Personally, I hold back because I'm afraid of what other people think. It's stupid and I wish I didn't care so much but deep down I know I do. Something I hold back in a lot is speaking out in class. In group discussions or if I think I know the answer to a teacher's question, I have a habit of just keeping it to myself. I think we're all afraid of failure and don't want each other to know if we're wrong. But by trying to avoid failure we kind of miss out on an opportunity to be successful. It's a never-ending cycle that really if you think about it doesn't make much sense.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment